Sunday, December 9, 2012

Course Reflection


This course has been extremely helpful for me as a writer. I felt relatively free to explore writing and to try other styles. For instance, the Ulipo movement was very interesting and I really enjoyed the attempt at restraint based writing in this class as well as in others classes. My classmates are extremely talented and that forced me to raise my level of writing as well. I looked forward to our presenting my/our zines with each other either through simply reading them on our own or by performing them in class. It was through that sharing that I was able to observe their personalities and styles.

The moment I feared the most was the reading at Woodland Pattern. But as it grew near I began to think of it as an opportunity to share myself, my work with others, for good or ill. It made perfect sense. I don’t want to write in a vacuum. I write because it has to get out of me and go anywhere, somewhere. I don’t know what it’s like to get high from any drug and I’ve never been drunk. But after the Woodland Pattern reading I felt so alive. I had so much energy tingled through me that I’ve never experienced before. I could feel that energy in my arms and in my heart. It wasn’t a typical rush but rather a sensation that felt more spiritual. I loved it so much that I want to do it again! So thank you for the opportunity! I’m very blessed to have taken this class with you as an instructor and with all of my classmates. I felt like I really belonged in this class. Too bad it’s over.

No comments:

Post a Comment